A Colorful Conflict: Black or Blue?

You look through your bag, trying to find a pen to write some notes for class with. After what seems like forever, you grab a pen. Hooray! But upon closer inspection, you see you have two pens, identical to each other, but one is blue whilst the other is black. Which one do you choose?


Hi everybody, it's me, Hibba, and I'm finally back. First school had me busy, and the...


I literally have no good excuse. I wasn't busy at all this summer. To be honest, I was just really lazy. School is going to start in TWO DAYS, so I have no idea how I'm going to stay on a schedule.


Laziness aside, I have finally used all my power to create an article, hopefully a good one. I have used all my power to ask you, yes YOU, a very important question: "black or blue ink?”


*insert dramatic faint*


It may seem like a petty problem that most of us barely think about, but even things as small as the color of the pen you prefer can really impact what others think of you, or 
what it says about you.


This idea was suggested by one of my classmates, when I requested the suck-up of our class for a black pen, and he only had blue pens. I WAS NOT GOING TO FINISH MY LETTER IN BLUE SIR THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGWDYGQ-


Despite popular opinion, I prefer black pens. I do get a few stares when I ask specifically for a black pen, or say that black pens are superior to blue (hah, they are), but there are plenty of reasons to be a supporter of our darker pens.


The first reason is because black pens give a much more professional look. If you're opting to make a good statement, nice penmanship with black ink gives a much more pleasurable aesthetic to teachers and other authoritative figures you are sending it to, rather than blue ink.  This is because most copies of documents are in black and white, and the original is blue. Most people see the former, so we usually feel like the black and white duo are more professional. In general, blue ink is described as more personal than professional, which we usually don't need. 


Have you ever written a resume in blue? Probably not. Filled out a check in that BIC Round Stic Grip Xtra Comfort Ball Pen (let's be honest: we've ALL used that pen before) of yours? I don't think so! Sending those Chinese immigration officials your documents in your trusty blue ink? Rejection awaits!  (They are very strict about this. Google it!)


Another reason, is because blue pops out more. If everything is written in blue, sometimes words we do not always want to be highlighted turn out to stand out this way. For example, look at this:


When in doubt, make sure you give the onion it's clout.


And now…


When in doubt, make sure you give the onion it's clout.


When I asked my brother to tell me which word of each of these sentences popped out, for the blue sentence, he instantly replied "doubt".


That's not all. When I asked him which word popped out for the sentence in black, he paused for a moment before answering "sure".


Blue can highlight words we don't always want. And, let's be honest: when you opened up this article, your eyes OBVIOUSLY went to the blue sentence. Yeah, you did. Don't lie to me!


Black doesn't highlight any special words. So when you look through a textbook, you don't have your eyes fall to "quire", and instead, you allow your little eyeballs to start from the top and work their way down. Trust me, if this sounds absolutely ridiculous, and has no evidence to prove it whatsoever, try it yourself! Worked for me and my family plus friends.


Oh wait, I don't have any friends. Oh, well.


*crickets chirp*


I wasn't joking.


Now, I have a little opinionated reason here. I feel like some of you may or may not agree.


Ever since we were young, we were taught to use, the all powerful:



The mighty, mighty pencil!


The pencil represents learning, and academics. Writing with a pencil gives that untold, "smart" impression to adults.


What color is the pencil?


Black!

This is kind of hard to explain, but I'll give it my best shot, now:


Writing with a black pen does give a much more academic vibe rather than blue. Black represents elegance. Black represents firmality. Black is much better vibe to give rather than blue to anyone.


Black has represented academic success for our whole lives. Isn't that something you want to show?


But that is only my opinion! Do you agree? Why or why not? Is black the better color? Or is blue it's superior counterpart? Are both wrong, and is another colored ink better than these two choices? Leave your opinion in the comment section right below.


Oh, and I almost forgot to mention: scroll up a little bit, and in the top right corner, click on the SUBSCRIBE button to receive an email whenever a new article is posted, so you are never late! And while you’re at that, follow my Instagram for some special surprises, plus updates. » Click here!

Also, I'd just like to mention, I will officially now be writing monthly, rather than bi-weekly. It's just better for my schedule. But I promise you, sometimes an extra article or blog update will be dropped every now and then.


And lastly, but not least, drop in a spooky suggestion for the next debate. I'm looking to do something related to Halloween. Wouldn't you love a little shoutout! Wouldn't I love a little less work to do? Hey, writing articles for every single subject is hard when you have an opinion and have like, only one reason to support it! That's pretty much the whole reason I'm a slacker. I'm pretty sure my zodiac sign says that or something.


Wait, are zodiac signs and horoscopes even real?


I'll leave that up to you to decide. :)


Happy debating to all!

-Hibba

Comments

  1. WOW! You changed how the website looks! THIS LOOKS SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, i can like just about get 1 post per week now and u can write all of that! damn gurlll.... I'd pick the black pen tho.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it racist to divde a peple based off of color

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Now it's your time to decide! Let me know what you think in the comment section :)

Popular posts from this blog

An Out of This World Debate: Life Beyond Earth?

The Real Fight: Are Children Being Sexualized?

Ourategrous Opinions: Email Vs. Direct Mail?